YewMaker and Connect In Pharma have announced the shortlisted finalists for the new Sustainable Medicines Packaging Awards. Winners will be announced at an in-person champagne ceremony at Connect In Pharma, a new annual event connecting innovators in pharma and biotech to the world’s leading suppliers and manufacturers.
The awards, launched this year by sustainable healthcare pioneers YewMaker, showcase and celebrate innovations in sustainable packaging design to reduce waste or bring circularity into the pharma packaging supply chain.
Nazneen Rahman, YewMaker founder and CEO, says: “Pharmaceuticals are major global users of packaging, and the packaging materials used often have important functions to deliver medicines safely. These awards recognise innovations that keep this critical role that medicine packaging plays but in a more sustainable way.”
Thirteen applicants have been shortlisted for the Sustainable Medicines Packaging Awards, with gold, silver and bronze winners for two categories due to be announced on 14 September 2022 in Geneva. The shortlisted applicants are:
- Dual Chamber Blister – Pantec AG/Pharmapan
- Eastalite Universal Device Shipping Tray – Plastic Ingenuity
- EcoSecur Type 2 Glass Vials – Stoelzle Glass Group
- Phill Box – Parcel Health
- Protecting the Product and the Environment – Essentra Packaging
- Qube Pro – Jones Healthcare Group
- Sustainable Grassboard in Pharma Packaging – Körber Pharma Packaging Materials AG
- “Cut the waste” Service through Liveo Optima Scientific Package Design Program – Liveo Research Inc
- Circularity Solutions for Thermoformed Plastics Along the Pharma Value Chain – Plastic Ingenuity
- Circularity-as-a-Service for Medicine Plastics – Automedi
- eZCooler – Zuellig Pharma
- Sharpsmart Reusable Containers – Sharpsmart Ltd
- Smart Reusable Packaging – Monoceros and Emball’Iso
“We have been delighted by the response to the awards and are excited to come together at this event to shine a spotlight on sustainability innovations in the pharmaceutical industry,” says Rahman.
Renan Joel, Divisional Director at Connect in Pharma, says: “Both these awards and Connect in Pharma are about celebrating and nurturing innovation in the European pharma and biotech industry, so hosting the awards ceremony at the inaugural edition of this event feels like a great fit. We are proud to be supporting innovations that promote sustainability in the industry.”