Active Silicon Announces Faster Interface Boards in Its Expanded FireBird Range : Active Silicon is turbo-charging imaging systems with its new range of FireBird CoaXPress frame grabbers.
The 4xCXP-12 acquisition card (PCIe Gen3 x8; CoaXPress v2.0) is the latest addition. With speeds up to 12.5 Gbps per link, it supports the fastest cameras on the market and allows acquisition of high-speed, high-resolution images in real-time. The board is ideal for single or multi-camera solutions in high-speed applications, such as industrial inspection. It uses the ActiveDMA RISC-based engine to guarantee zero CPU intervention, providing high-speed and low-latency image data transfers. Long cable lengths are also supported.
For more cost-sensitive projects, the 4xCXP12-3PE4 version offers excellent value and features. Similar in price to Active Silicon’s well-established CXP-6 quad frame grabber, this board supports CXP-12 for dual applications, as well as quad CXP-6, along with many of the advantages of the 3PE8 board.
Features of the new CoaXPress boards include:
- High-speed data, power and camera control all over a single cable.
- Fast PCI Express 4-lane and 8-lane Gen3 interfaces.
- ActiveDMA engine – RISC-based acquisition with zero CPU usage.
- Comprehensive I/O including end panel I/O.
- CoaXPress v2.0 support.
- Supports PoCXP (Power over CoaXPress).
- Micro-BNC connectors.
- Standard half-length PCI form-factor.
- Full GenICam support (including GenTL Producer).
All Active Silicon frame grabbers come with the easy-to-use, comprehensive ActiveSDK which allows integrators to develop applications quickly and effectively, together with a range of third-party software drivers.
Manufacturing & Engineering Magazine | The Home of Manufacturing Industry News